Thursday, March 3, 2011

Comfort Books

I blog about comfort books a lot. Today was a comfort book day. I'm not sure why.

While reading my email, I came across Goodreads' Jane Eyre challenge, and I tried to enter it, but it wouldn't let me. Then I started thinking about how much I might really want to see the movie when it comes out next weekend, so I looked it up. Of course it's only limited release, so if I want to see it I will have to go to the Angelika.

And then I realized that it's been years since I read the book. I just love that book. I thought I had moved past it, but I think I will just accept here and now that whenever I start to think I've moved past something, whether it be a personal tendency or behavior, or an infatuation with a book, I rarely truly move on.



Reading Jane Eyre for the twelfth (?: I lost count around nine, so this is an approximation) time is just as tumultuous and intense as it was the first time! I got about 1/3 through and put it down because it's just so overwhelming. It's not the comfort book I really needed.











Now, here is a comfort book:

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to reread Jane Eyre some time soon. I've only read it 3 times :)

    ReplyDelete