Monday, January 13, 2014

Identity Crisis ... Averted

I was told several weeks ago by a coworker that my hair isn't really red, that it's actually brown. In all seriousness and confidence.

Whaaaaaat?

Rarely have I been so puzzled. That's like telling Denzel Washington he's not black.

I'm pretty sure he would appreciate that as little as I did being told I'm not a redhead.

I don't support treating people different ways because of how they look, but ... uh, let's not water things down to the point that we pretend there is no difference in hair color and skin pigmentation. Was she trying to save my feelings by pretending my hair is a "normal" color?

As inconvenient as I have found it to be at times, my hair is red.

No getting away from that one. And why would I want to?

On the other hand, one of my Facebook friends shared a short article yesterday that claimed it was "Kiss a Ginger" Day. How nice.

At least one person I know got to celebrate it.

1 comment: